Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Krootox Rider (and another Gretchin!)

Things are flying off the workbench fast and furious these days! Too bad none of it is my own Necromunda stuff I've been wanting to work on!? I started the Gretchin at the same time as the last two and just finished it up last night, and he Krootox Rider... well... It was primed along with the remaining 12 Kroot Warriors that I was going to show Finnegan how I painted them and let HIM go at it... and it was just sitting there... and looked really cool... and looked really easy to paint... so I went ahead and painted it!?



The Krootox Rider - giving Finnegan's Kroot force a bit of fire support. All painted with contrast colours - except the dread-spines on the head (which was painted with regular black paint and highlighted with grey) and the metal parts of the gun (painted metal and washed in Nuln Oil).



The Gretchin. This is an older metal Gretchin - not sure where he came from...? Looks like a Mechboy's assistant? As with the others - all painted with Contrast paints - except the scrap metal on the tray.


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

When we finish up the Kroot (hopefully in the next few days) I'll post pick of that entire force.

Also I've been meaning to talk a couple pictures of Keira's Eldar and post those - as it's grown to quiet a collection.

Seriously, ONE of these days I'll get back to working on the Necromunda stuff. I have a whole gang of Cawdor stuff sitting on the workbench only needed a few details to finish them up1?

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a nice model and the Contrast paints worked rather well on it!

      Delete
  2. Looking good!

    Yeah, I'm getting the impression from various sources that the contrast paints work well with some styles and on some minis. Still doubt I will get into them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grot is a painboy assistant: http://solegends.com/citcat2008/c2008p0275-01.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, cool! Thanks Dwarfy!

      Hmmmm... maybe not all of it was supposed to be scrap metal, then....? Bah, it's not my mini, if The Boy wants to change it, he can!

      Then again it is a PAINBOY... Scrap steel and rivets are their bandages and stitches!

      Delete
    2. You bet. Love seeing the old Orks about.

      Delete
  4. The Kroots and Gretchen look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great Kroot Ox! Which green did you do the skin with?

    Makes me wonder also if GW will ever revisit the poor Kroot... a new plastic box with a shaper, the hounds, and oxen would be nice, although it would probably introduce a fixed ratio of 10 regular kroot to one ox or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!

      It was the Militarum Green...? I think that's what it's called? Same as I used on the Gretchin.

      I like the idea of Kroot - some other aliens out there in the galaxy that AREN'T an empire or major faction on their own, but will work as mercenaries. I wish other forces could hire them. Also Kroot look mean, but I discovered, when facing them at that recent tournament, they really aren't so tough...

      Now that I'm thinking about it, in addition to an Imperial Agents book that has rules for Inquisitors and Rogue Taders and such, it'd be cool if they had a book - and new minis - for an entire like of assorted Mercenaries that various factions could take as allied detachments - it could include Kroot, but also some Aeldari mercenaries (like Corsairs?), Human mercs, Squat, as welll as a bunch of completely new things. this would make me very happy... and probably very broke.

      I guess there's no reason I couldn't just come up with rules and stats for mercenaries - using the plethora of other minis available out there today (or that I already OWN!) - in our own games. Maybe promote some out-of-the-box, creative thinkifying like the original Rogue Trader let you do!

      Delete