Monday, July 1, 2019

Termagants

No... Not for Necromnda...

That's still coming...

I'm still playing around with these contrast paints - trying to figure out what works with what and what's the best way to get a thing done... I think I've figured out how to do the Kroot. Finnegan assembled the rest of them Sunday, we'll spray them later today, and I figure they'll be done by tomorrow! Or maybe Wednesday...?

Also think I've figured out a system for Keira's Eldar Guardians... of course I'm going through them so quickly, I'll probably have them all DONE by the time I figure out the most efficient way to do them!?

So... Termagants



I picked these up last fall around the time I picked up the Genestealer Kill Team Box. They were super cheap - 5 for $12 CAD. Don't get much cheaper than that! Unfortunately I later realized they are almost completely useless without a Synapse creature on the team - like a Tyranid Warrior!?

I guess if I wanted to make this a serious Kill Team I'd go GET that Tyranid Warrior box for $60 and have THREE of them in the team... but I just can't be bothered at this point. I had loads of straight-up Genestealers and they're pretty good on their own!

So I guess I just have these - in case I ever happen into a Tyranid Warrior.. Or want to use them in a scenario or something - like, in Wrath & Glory, or whatever...

I had painted the blue on the AGES ago - like when I first got them and thought I'd quickly paint them up... before I realized how useless they were... and then they sat.. until the other night when I thought I could just quickly finish them up and have them DONE - AND get to try out something new with the contrast paints. The pinky bits were painted a light lilac colour and then washed with the Magos Purple Contrast paint. I think it turned out pretty okay.

And now they're done.

Moving on to other things...



While, I'm at it, though, here they are with the Genestealers I painted for Kill Team. the colour is a bit different... but I can live with that because... THEY'RE NOT GENESTEALERS, THEY'RE TERMAGANTS! Totally different creatures... sort of...

(It's what I'm telling myself to not get to A-R about it... let me have that!)

 

And here they are with the entire Tyranid force - the Kill Team Genestealers, all the Genestealers from Space Hulk, and the Termagants... I really should get a Tyranid Warrior at some point...

but for now... I have OTHER STUFF TO DO!!!!



Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Well... there are a LOT of things on the workbench at the moment... A few more Eldar Guardians for Keira will likely be the first off the bench. I've also been working on a few MARINES for myself... just to try out some other idea on, what are effectively, throw-away models...

I do have some Cawdor Gangers lurking just behind these projects... the other gangs are present on the table, but each has additional members inbound - from eBay purchases. I'd rather wait and paint each gang as one big lot. So the Cawdor Gangers are likely to be next...

7 comments:

  1. Well you have been busy .... they will be fine on the tabletop. At least until they are torn to shreds by ap3 weapons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil! Don't even need that for Termagants - they Toughness 3 and Sv 6+. I mean, Imperial Guard can kill them!!

      Delete
  2. They look good to me. Who says the whole hive has to be the same color anyway? Even in the real world, in nature, there is variation. There's the cliche that no 2 snowflakes are identical, which is true from what I understand. But it's also true that no 2 living creatures are identical. Even identical twins are not identical. Not even clones are identical. Variety is a fact of life.

    (anyway, I am finishing up painting another box of Myth "bugs" and tried a few different paint ideas on this second batch, so they won't be exactly the same as the first and some won't even be close) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking fast aliens! I feel certain that you'll end up with a Tyranid warrior or two at some point in the future!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some extra Tyranid warriors if you want a couple

    ReplyDelete