Sunday, February 1, 2009

HOTT Elves

I finished off another stand of Elvish Knights yesterday. Though I had another stand worth on the painting table, and scores more elves to be painted I think it’s time to put the rest into storage and press on. I have plenty enough to field a Hordes of the Things army with plenty of options. Though I’d love to keep painting more, I have other armies I need to be able to field before I can go making any armies with second commands, etc.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


here is the most recent stand of Elvish Knights. These are, again, GW plastic figures. I moved them around and got these to fit on the base a bit tighter so there’s less interference with neighboring stands… Though they will have trouble up against one of the other knights flanks… Ah well…


Here is the HOTT Elvish army so far. The above force includes
3x Magicians
2x Knights
2x Riders
3x Blades (Axemen)
6x Shooters
1x Lurker

Of the elf stuff I have still to paint I could put together an ADDITIONAL:
3x Knights
6x Shooters
3x Blade (Swordsmen)
3x Spear
3x Blade, Spear or Shooters (Lothairan Sea Guard)
1x Aerial Hero (on an eagle)
1x Sneakers (Elvish Rangers)
couple Magicians…?

But that will all have to wait as I have Orcs and goblins and Dwarves and undead and maybe some Normans to paint… Once I am able to filed armies of those, then I will return to the Elves (and others) and make second and third commands and filed some massive big battle armies (MWA-HA-HA-HA-Ha-Ha-ha-ha-ha… ha… ha… heh… yeah.. you get the idea…).

3 comments:

  1. Nice work on the elf cavalry! You've got a nice little high elf army going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,

    I've been reading a lot of your HOTT 25/28mm posts recently. I've got piles of small goups of miniatures much like you do and like the idea of making up HOTT forces with them.

    I'm curious, how do you base figs with slotta style bases in your forces? Are you cutting the tabs off?

    Keep up the great work.

    Cheers,
    Millsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Millsy!

    Yes, for all the HOTT/DBA stuff I am cutting off the tabs. Unless they have big flat-bottomed feet the glue down really well (like, say, the plastic dwarves) I usually drill and pin them as well. I use 1/8" MDF for the bases so I can drill into that as well.

    tim

    ReplyDelete