Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September Challenge – Part Three

30 Games in 30 Days – Week Three

Day Seventeen – Saturday, 17 September 2016 – D&D 5E


On Saturday, The Boy and I went to the Saskatoon Comic and Entertainment Expo at Prairieland Park. Every fanboy and fangirl in town was out there getting their geek on. WE played a quick game of D&D 5th Edition with Jeff – the guy who actually runs the D&D game that The Boy plays in every other week at King Me Boardgamery. It was fun. It was during the Carrie Fisher panel... but considering when we got out of the panel on world building we'd attended earlier and found there was a line that snaked all the way around the building to get into that we figured it wasn't likely we were going to get it.

I also picked up a copy of Dust Ship Glory - a graphic novel adaptation by my friend Elaine Will – which was officially released at the show.

There was tones of cool stuff to see and do and, surprisingly I took very few pictures of it all… I DID get a picture for our game however!

The Girl wasn’t there, however, because she has three dance classes on Saturdays and she was going to miss them the following Saturday so she decided to go to those instead. Of course that meant she missed out on our game for the day…


Day Eighteen – Sunday, 18 September 2016 - Kaiser


On Sunday I FINALLY got down to some serious work on the terrain for REGINA TRENCH! I ended up working on it about 8-12 hours a day for the rest of the week. So when we got in games – they were short ones. Sunday night, just before bed, we played a quick game of Kaiser (with my creepy Cthulhu cards). I was teamed up with The Boy and Amanda and The Girl were partners. We haven’t played in a long time and usually The Boy plays it safe an NEVER bids. So I was pretty shocked when on the second round of the game he not only bid – but he made a “NO TURMP” bid (Which doubles the points you receive if you pull it off – or doubles the points you lose if you don’t!)


Day Nineteen – Monday, 19 September 2016 – NO GAME!

Oooooops.

So I guess we failed in playing a game EVERY day in September… We will still have played more than 30 games throughout the month of September…. But still, technically, not completed the challenge.

Dang.

Maybe next year.


Day Twenty – Tuesday, 20 September 2016 – For Sale


I took a quick break from terrain making in the afternoon to play a quick game of For Sale with the kids.


I was totally on my game and snapped up not only the two highest properties, but a few others in the mid-high twenties. I crushed them – which really doesn’t happen all that much anymore!


Day Twenty One – Wednesday, 21 September 2016 - SET


Another quick afternoon game during a break – Set. At the end of the game we counted up all the sets we had and we all ended up with the same number!? A three way tie for first!


Day Twenty Two– Thursday, 22 September 2016 – NO GAME!

Well after failing in our challenge there wasn’t the impetus to keep going with games EVERY day… so…


Day Twenty Three – Friday, 23 September 2016  - TOONCON!

On Friday we all went to ToonCon  and I think I’ll do a completely separate report about that… Stay tuned!

Also, later this week I’ll have a separate post for the REGINA TRENCH! game I ran at ToonCon  and another post about building the terrain for the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment