Wednesday, July 8, 2020

On the Workbench

It's Work-In-Progress Wednesday! Here is what is haunting my workbench these days...



There is a lot of the same stuff I've been plucking away at (brushing away at...?) for the last few weeks - with a few new additions that have snuck their way on... distracting me from my plan to finish up the Blackstone Fortress minis!



With the release of Psychic Awakening: Pariah and the updated Inquisition rules, I've gotten thinking about Inquisition Forces again - so I rebased a few minis, including these old Guard Stormtroopers, for ONE of the planned Inquisition forces! They will be Stormtrooper acolytes in the retinue of the Chesterwind sisters - Sam(anther) and Dee(ana) - Ordo Malleus DAEMON HUNTERS!

(You can see Dee Chesterwind, with her bolder and chainsword, just off to the left of the picture)

I'm a little confused by the rules, though, It seems you can only ever have ONE inquisitor in any detachment - so I'll have to build up TWO detachments - one around each of the sisters...? I guess I'll have to build a third around their mom, Jane Chesterwind, who became a Daemon Hunter after their father was killed by a Daemon!



Antother Inquisitorial force I have in the works. Finnegan picked up the new Ordo Xenos Lord Inquisitor Kyria Draxus model - because he thought she looked cool and would go along with his Deathwatch (as they are the Chamber Militant for the Ordo Xenos)... so I've assembled primed her and finished assembling and priming all his Deathwatch... They may have to step in to pick up finish the mission in The Signal Campaign, if the Imperial Fists fail... and I DEFINITELY have a plan for them to show up in the Rise Up! Campaign!



The Priority right now - a couple of Genestealer Cultist characters - who will also be showing up in BOTH of the narrative campaigns I am currently running!



I also picked up these two; the Daemonifuge – Ephrael Stern & Kyganil - though it seems, once again, I have missed out on grabbing a copy of the Daemonifuge Graphic Novel as Games Workshop didn't amen nearly enough and it sold out on pre-order... and they couldn't possibly REPRINT a book... maybe in another DECADE... y'know for the 30TH anniversary printing...

Goddamnit, GW, you just make it SO EASY for the haters out there with bull$h!t like this...


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Reports of Game Two of both the Rise Up! and The Signal campaigns.

Finnegan and I played Game Two of The Signal yesterday, and I'll be posting the report... oh... a couple minutes after this one...

Da Boyz will be back tomorrow to play Game Two of the Rise Up! campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment