Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January Games

 So... 2024... These years all sound to me like something that's meant to be far off in the future with replicants and off-world colonies... not some shit I'm living NOW!? 


Monday, 1 January 2024!? 

Got the new year kicked off with a few games! 

Keiran suggested we play MORE Splendor! 

WE ended up playing FOUR games of Splendor! We each won one game... and then Amanda won the fourth one. 

Afterwards, Keiran and I played Set. 


Friday, 5 January 2024

I didn't play a game on Friday... I spent most of the day running out to get ingredients and then baking all day - cupcakes and then pizza... This was the day that Finnegan held his day long RPG marathon to celebrate his birthday. He turns 20 this year. (TWENTY!?!? HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?) 

SIX players showed up most were from his two different weekly games, but two of them were friends that had moved away for university and were just back in town for the holidays and stayed long enough to play in his game! 


Monday, 8 January 2024

On Monday I played two games of Warhammer Underworlds with my friend Orion. 

You can read a brief report and see more pictures here:

Warhammer Underworlds Double Header


Saturday, 13 January 2024

Originally we'd planned to go over to Shannon and Kevin's... but it was REALLY FUCKING COLD (windchill near -50°C?!)... and we have a dedicated Game Room... and Finnegan's D&D game that is normally taking place in said Game Room on Saturday evening was cancelled... so we invited them to come over here instead 

The first game we played was Abyss. Which neither Kevin nor Shannon had played. 

I thought I'd done pretty okay, I knew I was way ahead in Lords I'd recruited and Allies... but wow... everyone else did so much better with the territories they controlled and monster tokens!? I've never seen that many points scored from monster tokens. Shannon had three worth three, three, and FOUR!?! I didn't even realize there were ones worth four, I thought they were all one, two or three!? 

Afterwards we introduced them to Hanging Gardens. 

I.. um... kind of ROCKED this one... 

So fun to play with them again... we vowed to do it again BEFORE four months had passed, like last time.. 


Friday, 19 January 2024

Friday evening, Amanda and I tried out Deathgorge. I'd used most of the Deathgorge rules when playing with Orion, but this evening we used the Deathgorge boards and objective hexes and other feature tokens and the rules around them... but then totally forgot to place any of the Available Feature Tokens... Also I tired out the freshly painted Thricefold Discord, which were super fun. 

There is a brief report with a few more pictures at:

Warhammer Underworlds: Deathgorge 


Saturday, 20 January 2024 

Orion came over Saturday and we played a few games... 

First we played a game of Warhammer Underworlds 

Then Amanda joined us for a couple of THREE-PLAYER games of Warhammer Underworlds!!

There are loads of pictures and a brief report of the three games here:

Warhammer Underworlds: TRIPLE-header! (Part One)

Warhammer Underworlds: TRIPLE-header! (Part Two)

Warhammer Underworlds: TRIPLE-header! (Part Three)


Sunday, 28 January 2024

The following weekend Orion was back... and so was her partner Nic! Amanda joined in and we played two FOUR-PLAYER games of Warhammer Underworlds!

There is a brief report and a few pictures here:

Warhammer Underworlds - FOUR-Player games!?

It was a REALLY FUN afternoon... 


That's about it for this month... I ended up playing EIGHT games of Warhammer Underworlds!! More than all the other games combined. And I'm kind of okay with that, it's been really fun. 

Next month I expect more Warhammer Underworlds... but I should also get in a few games of Warhammer 40,000 (both AT the tournament and, ideally, a few before!) and I have a couple of games of Warhammer, Age of Sigmar: Soulbound (the Role-Playing Game) arranged for the last weekend of the month! And, hopefully, we'll get in a few other games along the way! 


What have YOU been playing!? Let me know in the comments! 

2 comments:

  1. No! I refuse the notion that you have adult children. I shall dive back into the archives of 2009 and think of simpler times. Wait, that was 15 YEARS AGO! No!!!!!!

    And since you asked, the kid's school basketball schedules have made miniature events impossible. Monday night Gamma World session infused with some AI help, and plotting out Historicon events for July (Gnomes and Space Gnomes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bewildering to me as well...

      OoooOoooh! Space Gnomes! That sounds fun!

      Delete