Friday, August 14, 2026

Poxwalkers, Necrotect, and Nasty Goblin Skulkers... for Blood Bowl!?

 I rode out to the Warhammer Store this afternoon and then to Dragon's Den games to pick up a few things....

Necrotect, Nasty Goblin Skulkers and Poxwalkers

the Necrotect and Nasty Goblin Skulkers I'd ordered online and picked up at the Warhammer Store... 

The Necrotect I picked up to use as an assistant coach for my Tomb Kings Blood Bowl team - which I am hoping to have done to use for a tournament in October... 

The Nasty Goblin Skulkers are just fun-looking little goblins that I'd been thinking about picking up for a while.. but the immediate impetus was I got thinking one of the trio looked a lot like THE BLACK GOBBO - a goblins star player for Blood Bowl - and I plan to use him as such (with maybe a bit of converting...?) 

The Poxwalkers...? Well... the plan is to put together a Nurgle team for the next season of the local league. All the Nurgle team players have a special rule called "Plague Ridden" which allows, once per game, if an opposing player is KILLED by a block action and not revived by an apothecary, the Nurgle team can add one new lineman to their team! So I thought I'd try and convert some miniatures to use for this purpose - I considered using the Age of Sigmar Pox-Wretches (which I already have a few of!) but I felt the 40K Pox Walkers had more potential for converting into something that looks like it had recently, suddenly (and violently!) mutated into... something horrific! I really only need one or two...? I'll see if I can't acquire a few spare blood bowl bits - from the teams I have or some of the other locals... 

Maybe some of the other poxwalkers could become cheerleaders?  Or other sideline staff...? OR I just use them as spare 40K Poxwalkers for an Blackstone Fortress or Wrath & Glory games they might show up in! 

While I was at the Warhammer Store, I also ordered the Nurgle team and a couple other individuals - a Rotspawn and Gutrot Spume - the former is an actual Blood Bowl miniature - that seems like a necessary member of any Nurgle team, and the latter is an Age of Sigmar model that I plan to convert a bit. I figure I could remove the giant axe from his hand and replace it with a football, and maybe make some of this attire look a little be more like blood bowl kit... a very little bit, most will probably be left as is... I'm not THAT talented of a converter! 

The Nurgle team looks like it will be fun to paint (and hopefully it will get me motivated to FINISH PAINTING THE REST OF MY NURGLE STUFF - for Warhammer Quest: Darkwater and my Age of Sigmar Maggotkin of Nurgle force...) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, not nurgle too...
    My WORST game last league was against Ryan Lion's nurgle team, last game before playoffs and my Stealas rolled SO MANY 1s on foul appearance.... I think i had 3 orcs injured? I fear what foul luck I may have against a collection of your stinky lads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't you worry... I will find SOME way of fouling up my own game!!!

      I mean all the linemen have decay; +1 to all casualty rolls against them - hit 'em hard enough to break their armour and they pop like a wet paper bag full of puss and maggots!

      Delete