Monday, November 9, 2009

Anglo-Saxons

Yes, Finally… some Anglo-Saxons. Now, I had been working on some Anglo-Danes (y'know, for 1066 and all that)… and the only real difference between the Anglo-Danish and the Middle Anglo-Saxons (as far as I can recall - don't have the book with me..) is the three Blades (Danish Huscarls) replacing the upper crust of Anglo-Saxon society. So an Anglo-Saxon army requires three more Spear (the old Saxon Thegns/better armed members of the Fyrd). These three slightly-better-armoured-than-the-rest-of-the-Spear stands were meant to be the three additional Spear I need to make the Anglo-Danish into Middle Anglo-Saxons… of course I don’t actually HAVE all of the 8-9 other Spear that make up the bulk of either army (the Fyrd)… so these may actually see action as Anglo-Danes for some time before I finish up the rest of the generic Spear….

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are a mix of Gripping Beast and Old Glory.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

If I were a sensible person (which very few have ever accused me of and lived to tell the tale) I would probably steam ahead with more of the Anglo Spearmen (following rule#1 – finish enough to field armies before moving on to options or other armies)… but somehow the Irish seem to have invaded my workbench – along with some feudal Japanese and some English Civil War PIKEMEN!? They were all getting primed, so they may be seen off before any paint is applied and the Anglo Spear may make their way on next… but you never can tell in the carnival that is my life… and I'm interested to try out the irish... I already know how games with the Anglo-Saxons and Anglo-Danish are going to work out - it's time to try something new and interesting - Auxilia and Psiloi and a pile of bad going "Come and get me horsemaster!" Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment