Friday, August 27, 2021

RPGaDay 2021 - Day Twenty-Seven

 

DAY 27 - FRACTION - PRACTICE - KINDLE - GROUP

Fraction… Practice… Kindle… Group…

I don’t know… 

I'm burning out here... 

The time I spend actually playing games is a small FRACTION of the time I spend waiting miniatures and planning and just thinking/dreaming about gaming?

The number of games I’ve played is an embarrassingly small FRACTION of the games I OWN!?

PRACTICE makes perfect… or… at least… a bit better…?

People tell me “wow you’re really good at this, you are very talented” - referring to painting miniatures )or painting or drawing pictures) and all I can think is “no, I have a lot of PRACTICE… I’ve been doing this for 40 years…” It’s just PRACTICE, not some innate “talent” I was born with… 

I don’t own a KINDLE. I like real books. 

Oh, they probably meant, like, “start a fire”… or metaphorically doing so… Well, I’m glad I was able to KINDLE a passion for role-playing in at least one of my children… the other… doesn’t HATE the idea… They used to play… maybe they’ll be back one day. 

GROUP… My favourite GROUP…? Hard to say… What makes a good GROUP…? I don’t know… Ideal size for a GROUP…? Well that I have an opinion on… 3-4. Two just isn’t enough, and 5+ there are often just too many people trying to do too many things and some people end up spending a lot of time doing nothing and getting bored. Also, with 5+ there are too many people wanting to do stuff and end up talking over each other and the less shouty in the group end up doing nothing… 

I think that’s all I’ve got for today… 

No comments:

Post a Comment