Sunday, August 8, 2021

Warhammer Underworlds - The Sepulchral Guard

 A few weeks back I bought a copy of Shadespire and a few extra "Season One" warbands for Warhammer Underworlds. I've been working on Magore's Fiends and the Ironskull's Boys - they pretty much required starting from scratch. This weekend, however, I decided to get The Sepulchral Guard ready for play. These ones were actually fully painted. Usually when I get used minis I always repaint - just so the new ones match my style/scheme (not saying mine is "better", just... different enough). These actually looked really quite well done and I liked the colours and figured I might just touch them up. Mostly I just wanted to rust up the weapons - which turned out a bit trickier to do when everything else is already painted (usually I START with rusty weapons as it's messy - when done quickly - and gets paint over other parts!) 

Here's how the look now...

The Sepulchral Guard - one of the largest warbands, at seven warriors. 

Being a larger warband, I didn't expect them to be particularly hard hitting or tough. Most of them do one or maybe two damage - even when inspired. Only one, the Sepulchral Warden, deals three when inspired. I was surprised how many wounds they have! Three have two, three have three, and the Warden had four! I haven't had a chance to go through their cards, but they look like they should be fun to play. I hope I get a chance to start playing again SOON! 

The Sepulchral Warden

The Prince of Dust and the Harvester.

Two petitioners

The Champion and another Petitioner. 

Looking at these photos, I feel like I may want do a few more touch-ups... or... not... we shall see. 

Eh, probably not... SO MANY OTHER MINIATURES TO PAINT!!!

I painted a set of these, previously, for my friend John. You can see those here:

Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire - Sepulchral Guard

I did play some Age of Sigmar and Necromunda last week - still haven't had a chance to finish writing up the game reports. 


4 comments:

  1. They look great, and the skellies probably have the most utility to be used in other games too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! These will fit right in with my Cursed City skeletons and zombies... Add in the Crimson Court (still working on!) and I'm on my way to a Soublight Gravelords army! Cheers!

      Delete