Sunday, May 1, 2022

April Games

We did not play a lot of games this month..... 

Actually, we only played ONE game this month... 

Monday, 25 April 2022

Kicking off the LAST WEEK OF THE MONTH, Amanda and i played a quick game of Splendor... 

I actually won - which I haven't for a while. Amanda made it to 15 first, but because she went first, I got one more action and was able to pick up a card worth three taking me to 17!? Woo! 

I've almost always played this as a 3 or 4 player game. Two is weird. There are only three... merchant...? Tokens...? I forget what they're called. And way less gems in play. My strategy is usually pick up as many of the cheapest (green back) cards as FAST as I can and use those to grab merchants tokens for points and then a couple of the yellow backed cards if I can just pick them up with the cards I have.. I almost NEVER pick up those blue-backed cards... 

This game... I somehow acquired THREE of the blue-backed cards - including that final one that won me the game! 


Kind of held out hoping we'd get in a few mroe games before the end of the month... but that just didn't happen. 


I guess I did do a bit more bicycling... and I have been doing a LOT of drawing and painting... (So much so, that I've posted more on the Art Blog so far this year than I have on any other year in its entirety! 

I've also just been feeling really TIRED and by the evening (when we's usually play games) I just want to sit and watch Netflix... Mostly we've been working our way through all six seasons of Lucifer this month, but we also watched all of Heartstopper in one evening, and watched a fun little movie called Metal Lords. I'm sure there were others... but I can't remember them... 


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you got a game in and it sounds like you're getting your art fix in 2d for a bit, not necessarily a bad thing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain! Not a bad thing at all... Just wish I could find time to do a little of BOTH!? Seems like whenever I'm doing one, I just forget about the other...

      Delete