Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eowyn (not-so-mounted)

I have only the dismounted version of Eowyn. As I was painting other Rohanians I thought I’d do her at the same time… er… PAINT her at the same time…. I wouldn't mind picking up the mounted version sometime.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Eowyn - Yet another Lord of the Rings figure from Games Workshop.


I am finished painting a half-dozen or so horsemen – both Normans and Rohanians – but none of the bases are finished. In the case of the Normans the base needs to be gooped and I thought I’d wait until the other two stands worth I am working on are ready – as they are very nearly complete. The Rohanians are waiting for others… The Knight General stand is waiting for Gamling, Army Standard Bearer, which should arrive in the mail any day now. The other stand of Knights is waiting for Eomer – who only just arrived yesterday…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:
FINISHED riders…

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I want to see the "mounted" version of Eowyn...

    Bob in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh dear...

    Were you thinking of that bit from the beginning of 40 Year Old Virigin where the two guys are talking about what they did for the weekend that ends with "... I kind of felt sorry for the horse.."?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you put together the Rohirrim general's element there. Extending the base depth will really allow that element to stand out! Good stuff!

    Those Normans look great as well all mounted up there, even without finished bases... Makes me thing I should rebase my alternative Knights of Dol Amroth, which are based on Spanish and Norman Gripping Beast figs, for some HotT/DBA action! Inspiring stuff! Cool about the desk shots :)

    n.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "needs to be gooped"

    What do yout use for your 'goop' these days. Actually, a quick run through of your entire basing technique would be a welcomed post.

    On a side note, if I would have painted 1 fourth of what you can painted in 25mm, I would be dancing about the house in glee (so would my wife)!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have explained the whole process in various comments to some other posts ages ago... You're right I really should do a post on just that as it often asked about - and put it under painting tutorials and/or it's own label "BASE GOOP". Maybe I'll do that next time I'm making up a batch.

    ReplyDelete