Sunday, May 8, 2016

7th Infantry Brigade, 3rd Canadian Division, CEF

Having just finished the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, I bring you the entire 7th Infantry Brigade of the 3rd Canadian Division, CEF:



All of the figures used of the 7th Infantry Brigade are from Great War Miniatures.

elements of the 7th Infantry Brigade Include:

The Royal Canadian Regiment

Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry

42nd Canadian Infantry Battalion (Royal Highland Regiment of Canada)

49th (Edmonton) Battalion

Attached are:

7th Trench Mortar Battery

1st Company, 3rd Canadian Machinegun Battalion


13 comments:

  1. Great looking group shot! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to have to get more more of the terrain built so I can take pictures of the entire divisions!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Tim, I think as I was 'Once a Patricia' I may need to lay claim to play this unit at the Anniversary event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done. Terry's got dibs on the Patricias.

      Delete
    2. Of course, depending on how many show up, you will likely end up with the entire 7th Brigade (or possibly even the entire 3rd Division!)

      I do hope I can get out enough players that everyone gets a brigade - that would require 12 players for the Canadians (and another 5 or so for the Germans)

      Delete
  3. Outstanding work on all the units! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great.

    I still have my red hackle and RHR shoulder patches from years in the Black Watch cadet corps in Montreal but since the brigade is already taken.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll point out that both the 13th Battalion (3rd Brigade, 1st Division) and the 73rd Battalion (11th Brigade, 4th Division) were also Royal Highland Regiment of Canada battalions... Should you make it out to Saskatoon in April...

      Delete
  5. Doing well, they look great best of luck on this project, from out here it looks like hard work! But good to set goals.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that any of it is particularly "hard". There is certainly a LOT of it to do... but I'd like to think most of it will be FUN!

      I guess it will require maybe not doing other hobby things for the better part of a year... which could be seen as a "hardship"...

      Delete
  6. Great painting and like the representation of real formations.

    ReplyDelete