Friday, October 3, 2008

Last of the VDV (for now…)

These are the last two of the first pack of Soviet VDV (Air Assault Troops) from Mongrel Miniatures.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These two took a bit longer as they both had broken bits in need of repair. The fellow with the AK had a broken barrel and the RPG gunner had his weapon broke off right at the hand/sight. The foresight on the guy with the AK is a bit on the big side, but I just couldn’t make a smaller one without it breaking off!? I decided not to even bother modeling the Rocket on the RPG, rather I just repaired the launcher part and deiced to say “Well, he’s just fired it, of course..”

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have a third and final section of North Vietnamese that is very near being finished, but a few other things have showed up on the work bench; a couple of Gripping Beast “Mo-Fo” Modern figures (Gurkhas and Americans), some of the Artizan Designs Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang figures, and a few more Descent figures for John… The PAVN are so near being complete I don’t think any of these are about to completely derail the completion.

I may postpone the third scenario in the Screaming Eagles at Hamburger Hill campaign a week, as it requires a number of terrain pieces I just don’t have, not do I have anything I could use as a reasonable substitute. That would give me next week to crank out a few new bunkers and mortar pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment