Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Gutter Runner

 I finished ONE Gutter Runner.

(Oh, I've got more stuff I've painted that I'll be posting in a moment... but I'm doing separate posts for separate factions...) 

 One Gutter Runner. 

Backside of said Gutter Runner

I painted this one Gutter Runner to finish up a complete unit of FIVE Gutter Runners! 

Complete units of Skaven so far... 

Six units - this could be a starter Vanguard force for a new Age of Sigmar (3rd Edition) Paths to Glory Narrative Campaign... 

Current Force

  • Clawlord (105) 
  • Grey Seer (140) 
  • Plague Priest (85)
  • 5 x Gutter Runners (65) 
  • 6 x Giant Rats (40)
  • 6 x Giant Rats (40)
  • TOTAL: 475

It probably woudn't be IDEAL, though, as it only adds up to 475 points (you can have up to 600 in a starting Vanguard force... So, I'll probably want to finish up a unit of Clan Rats and/or Storm Vermin and lose the Plague Priest and maybe one of the units of Giant Rats...? 

Skaven Paths to Glory Starter Force 

  • Grey Seer (140)
  • Clawlord (105)
  • 5 x Gutter Runners (65)
  • 6 x Giant Rats (40)
  • 20 x Clanrats (130) - Rusty Spear
  • 10 x Stormvermin (110) - Halberd
  • TOTAL: 590

Costing out what I have to paint up, I should be able to field up to 2000 points - once they're all painted! 

  • Arch-Warlock (175) - General
  • Grey Seer (140) 
  • Grey Seer (140) 
  • Clawlord (105) 
  • Clawlord (105) 
  • Clawlord (105) 
  • 5 x Gutter Runners (65)
  • 20 x Clanrats (130) - Rusty Spear
  • 10 x Stormvermin (110) - Halberd
  • 6 x Giant Rats (40)
  • 6 x Giant Rats (40)
  • 5 x Skryre Acolytes (65)  
  • 1 x Doomwheel (165)
  • 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 
  • 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 
  • 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 
  • 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
  • 3x Warplock Jezzails (145)
  • 3x Warplock Jezzails (145)
  • TOTAL: 1955

But that's a long way off... Might not even be a legit fieldable force, as I don't have the Battletome.. I'm not 100% sure how the sub-factions/clans work and how to determine which faction/clan your army is and what is allowed in it and what counts as "Battleline" for said army....? 

My plan, for the immediate future, is to get a few forces up to 600-1000 points to start a little narrative Paths to Glory campaign with Finnegan over the summer. We played our first game yesterday - just a one-off game, to learn the rules. Tomorrow we plan to play our first Paths to Glory game... It will not involve skaven.... but soon, perhaps!  


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love those old Skaven sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool
    Nice painting!

    I don't know why I never really got into skaven when I was doing more GW minis back in the day.

    Nice work on all of your other minis as well! (for some reason I'm not fond of the current GW style - maybe just too dark without any of the whimsy of some of the old lines)

    ReplyDelete