Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bandit Buntai


This is my Bandit buntai for Ronin – Skirmish Wargames in the Age of the Samurai that we will be using in the 10th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash/Winter Wargaming Weekend. It’s a larger buntai than most of the others – probably the largest… but it’s highest ranking figure is Rank 3. And there’s just one of him… I suppose I could have padded it out with a bunch of Ronin (that could take over leadership if the actual leader died!)… but, I didn’t…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The Whole Buntai


Bandit Leader
Heavy Armour, Katana, Tetsubo (that’s what I’m classifying that BFH as…)
Commander, Tetsubojutsu
30 points
The miniature is from AEG’s Legends of the Five Rings: Clan War line.


2x Bandit Gashira
Medium Armour, Katana
Commander
One @22 points, one @25 points who would also have Kenjutsu
These miniatures are also from AEG’s Legends of the Five Rings: Clan War line.


2x Bandit Gashira
Light Armour, Katana
Commander
@20 points each
These miniatures are also from AEG’s Legends of the Five Rings: Clan War line.



Bandit Gashira
NO Armour, Katana, Naginata
Commander
@21 points
This figure is from Black Hat Miniatures.



2x Bandit Gashira
NO Armour, Katana, Yumi
Commander, Kyujutsu
@24 points each
Both of these are from Old Glory



7x Bandits
NO Armour, Katana
@11 points each
These are a mix of Old Glory and Dixon Miniatures.




2x Bandits
Light Armour, Katana, Yari
@16points each
Both of these are from Old Glory


5x Bandits
Light Armour, Katana, Yumi
@16 points each
These are all from Old Glory


5x Peasants
Improvised Weapons
@4 points each
These are a mix of miniatures from Old Glory and The Assault Group


=398 points

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have half of Sohei Buntai #2 complete, but I’m waiting on a second order to totally finishe them up before I post them. I the meantime I could finish up the few extra things I need to complete the Ikko-Ikki - which is a few archers and some Samurai. After the Ikko-Ikki it will be on to the rest of the Bushi Buntai (unless the rest of Sohei Buntai #2 arrives – then I’ll probably finish that one up!)

But I have a few completely unrelated items I’ve also been working on… 

4 comments:

  1. Nice job. Does the bandit leader also play bass? I thought guitar-hero poses were reserved for ACW troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brushwork on these Japanese is really quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Tim & I saw a Flashman look-alike there! 4th photo down on the left!

    ReplyDelete