Monday, January 6, 2014

Peasants and Samurai and Ronin (and Orks!?)


I finished these up a week or so back - and submitted them to the Painting Challenge - but when I went looking for them to refer back to in a post I'm working on now, I couldn't find them.... So I either totally forgot to post them or somehow inadvertently deleted them!? I'm guessing the former - as the post didn't look finished in the document where I usually draft these things... I wonder if I counted them toward the annual totals - maybe that's why I was feeling a bit behind the last few days!? So I MAY have painted 1017 28mm figures last year...?

A few more items for my various Ronin – Skirmish Wargames in the Age of the Samurai Buntai.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Some peasants armed with sharpened bamboo/improvised spears from Black Hat Miniatures. I had it in mind that I’d use these for a Peasant Buntai… I think, ultimately, I’d need a whole bunch more to field a Peasant Buntai…


Their backsides.

I could pad out the Peasant Buntai with some hired Ronin – unfortunately to have seven of them I’d need to have about 20+ peasants.

For a 150 point Buntai – which is what we’ve been using lately and will use for the 10th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash/Winter Wargaming Weekend in Feburary - I’d need about 6-12 peasants –depending on whether I classed those “spears” as “Yumi” (spears) or “improvised Weapons”


Some Samurai with nodachi (great sword) from Black Hat Miniatures. They could just as easily be used as “ronin” – in fact I’d planned on using some of these (and the ones below) as ronin to pad out a possible Peasant Buntai.

Their backsides.


More Samurai with yuni (bow) – also from Black Hat Miniatures.


Their backsides.


STILL more Samurai Black Hat Miniatures


Their backsides.


A sole Samurai from AEG painted in Lion Clan Colours.




These two are ones that I really did paint recently - and, I think, the only things I've painted since the New Year....

PIC
A pair of old skewl Orks  from Games Workshop. (They are © and ™ Games Workshop and painted by myself and posted here entirely without their permission). I picked up a bunch of Fantasy Flight Games 40K Role-Playing Games (Only War and Rogue Trader) over the last bit. I picked up these lads asI figured they'd make good baddies in either campaign.



Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

An update on the plans for the 10th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash/Winter Wargaming Weekend in Feburary! Then maybe some more newly painted stuff by the end of the week. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying hard to resist the samurai urge and your stuff is making it even harder. Please stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry... Maybe just try not looking at this blog for the next two months...? Come back in March when I've moved on to something else - A Fist Full of Kung Fu!?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Johnathan! I was just having a snoop at your own blog and my mind was blown by your C&C: Samurai Battles minis! WOW!

      I am also in awe of your stat keeping!

      Delete