Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sohei Archer Conversion

As I had mentioned when I posted the Sohei Buntai, I figured I really needed some archers in the buntai – the two teppos (of which I will only really ever be able to field one in any battle) was simply not enough. Sop a day or two later I placed another order to Perry Miniatures and in less than one week they were in my hot little hands ready to be converted.

What I got was This Pack of Ashigaru archers (I also got some Ashigaru and Samurai spearmen, but those were for different Buntai!) because none of them had hats on and I figured would be easy to convert to monks in cowls. The other three are destined for the Ikko-Ikki Buntai as bow-armed Monto.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Their fronts – with some other Perry monks I kept handy for reference.


Their backs.

I’m not totally happy with them… but it’s not like I’m making a master for production – any minor flaws will hopefully be hidden by the paint.

I’d like to get these guys painted up tomorrow – that way I’ll have TWO complete 400 point buntai ready for the 10th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash/Winter Wargaming Weekend

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I don’t think there’s a game going on tonight… so in a few days I’ll be posting a few things I finish painting up this weekend – the monks, an ashigaru or two, some head counters… after they’ve made their appearance on Analogue Hobies

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to me - maybe the lefternmost Archer could get have some more folds in his cloth on the front side, but apart from that they look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pretty good to me. As you say, paint will likely make up for any minor deficiencies.

    ReplyDelete