Friday, January 3, 2014

Last Batch for 2013



This is the last batch of miniatures I painted in 2013. I more or less painted like a mad bastard for the last few days of the year – ignoring family and not leaving the house if I had to- all to get this last bunch done and push my total up to 1000 28mm foot figures painted in 2013…

The day I took these pictures the temperature in Saskatoon is -30°C with a windchill of -40°C... I damn near froze my fingers off trying to arrange these for picture taking - I do like taking pictures of my minis outside in the natural light whenever possible. Sometimes when I don't get one that's totally in focus I'd go back out and set them up again... but there was no way I was doing that on the day in question... so one or two of these pics aren't totally in focus.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


The bunch of them. This is a mix of Perry, Dixon, Black Hat Miniatures.


Four assorted armoured Ronin from Black Hat Miniatures.



The backs of the Black Hat Ronin (to show off all their annoying... er... highly detailed cording)



A merchant and two ronin I imagined as his yojimbo (bodyguards) - all from Dixon Miniatures



The backs of the Dixon Miniatures Merchant and Ronin.



A few female samurai from Dixon Miniatures



The backs of the female samurai from Dixon Miniatures



A couple teppo gunners from Dixon Miniatures



Ashigaru teppo gunners from Perry Miniatures.

I have about seven Bushi buntai that I am working on - the colours for each are based on the clans form the Legends of the Five Rings games (as many of the miniatures are from their old Clan Wars games). I thought I'd get a few Teppo gunners so they could all have the option of fielding one if they wished - hence the wildly different colours of the Ashigaru above.

The rest of the bunch I’ll post as a separate post as it is more or less a complete buntai for Ronin – Skirmish Wargames in the Age of the Samurai

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The Ikko-Ikki!

2 comments: