Friday, February 7, 2014

Dragon Clan Bushi Buntai

Two weeks from this evening we'll be kicking off the  10th Annual Wargaming Birthday Bash/Winter Wargaming Weekend! This is the seventh buntai for Ronin – Skirmish Wargames in the Age of the Samurai that we will be using in the campaign/tournament. it is the second Bushi Buntai I have finished and the remaining three I had planned (thought I may only finish one or two more) are also Bushi Buntai.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The Entire Buntai


Heavy Armour, Katana, Wakazishi,
Command, Kenjutsu, Nitten, plus one other Abilitiy
43 points
This miniature is from AEG’s Legends of the Five Rings: Clan War line.



1x Hatamoto
Heavy Armour, Katana, Wakazishi,
Command, Kenjutsu, Nitten,
35 points each
This miniature is also from AEG’s Legends of the Five Rings: Clan War line.


3x Samurai
Heavy Armour, Katana, Wakazishi, Naginata
Command, Naginatajutsu
@30 points each
Again, all three miniatures are from AEG’s Legends of the Five Rings: Clan War line.



5x Ashigaru
Medium Armour, Armour, Katana, Yari
@18 points each
All five of these guys are from Old Glory



6x Ashigaru
Medium Armour, Armour, Katana, Yumi (or Teppo)
@18 points each
The two on the left are from Perry Miniatures, the rest are from Old Glory

1x Ashigaru Gashira Bannerman.
Medium Armour, Armour, Katana, Banner
18points
This figure is actually a Perry Miniatures Spearman that I made my own banner and pole for.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I think I'm going to switch gears and get some terrain done... then maybe one or two more buntai to give the players some options. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really like the green and yellow combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Well done! I have always been a bit partial to green and gold/yellow color schemes for miniatures (although my main dwarf army is blue and yellow).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome looking unit - the green really pops. Your painting ties all of the different makes together well. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, as always...love the green and yellow too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stuff Tim. I think I like these best of all the Samurai so far. Not an easy choice though!

    ReplyDelete