Sunday, August 26, 2012

Odds and Sods: WW2 and Modern stuff



A couple odd items I happen to finish up this weekend…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):

These are kilted WW2 Highlanders from West Wind Productions that I recently picked up during a sale (which very well may still be going on, I kind of just don’t want to check in case it is and I do something stupid like BUY MORE!?). One I painted with a kilt apron (though it seems they were not in use in 1940... I may have to go back and change that...), the other in something like Cameron of Erracht (as the 1st Battalion of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders seems to be the only Scottish unit to retain their kilts after the order was issued to do away with them).

I have six more of these... I should just finish them up and be done with them... of course I have four-five-six-ten more of a LOT of things that I should just finish up... It probably won't be these, as what will painting the remaining six get me? Not a complete unit of anything... Of course they could be used as an incomplete section in a fighting retreat sort of scenario - making their way back to Dunkirk...?

A few more modern Gunmen form Wargames Foundry  Street Violence line.

Another Agent from The Assault Group.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More Great War Cavalry that I’m just finishing up….

2 comments:

  1. I occasionally see poses like the third guy from the left with the stock rest on the outside of the elbow. Now I have pretty limited experience shooting, but wouldn't you want the stock trapped between the elbow and your torso? Otherwise your wrist is going to take a pounding. Is it to shoot around corners to the left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier to model/cast it that way...?

      It's a more comfortable way to carry large firearms? When he actually goes to shoot it he'll shoulder it?

      Delete