Thursday, December 30, 2021

Royal Navy Landing Party

 As with the Royal Marines I finished up earlier this week, these are all old RAFM Jack Tar Miniatures. The two officers I've had since the 80s and recently stripped of their original paint job. The other sailors I picked up somewhere along the way... 

Royal Navy Officers and Sailors

Adding in the Royal Marines, that makes a pretty substantial landing party! WAY more than I need for The Silver Bayonet!? 

I actually have enough for two units in Rebels and Patriots! 

I haven't sorted out who will make up the Naval Landing Party just yet. 

For sure Captain Black will lead them (the chap on the larger base - with the Telescope). 

All of the crew and marines have actually been named (and the names painted on the backside of the bases). but I'm not going to list them all here. 

Technically, a "Special Unit" in The Silver Bayonet consists of one officer and 100 Requisition Points worth of troops, and that's it. If you want someone different for a different game, you have to dismiss one of the current group (losing all their experience) and recruit someone new. As we're not really playing "competitively" I'm saying these are ALL members of Captain Blacks crew. There ARE other crew members - but they stay on the ship and take no part in the action against supernatural entities. This is just the pool that can be drawn upon for "special unit" missions.

ALSO, technically, sailors in The Silver Bayonet are only ever armed with sword and pistol... but I clearly have a few here that are armed with muskets and blunderbusses... I'll just say they have the different weapons for the same cost. I had thought I'd call the one with the musket a "marine" - but marines have slightly different stats... So I think I'll just go with Sailor with Musket! 

I should have a small landing party of French sailors and marines finished up soon-ish. Perhaps not THIS year... but early in the new year! 

I imagine Captain Black and the officer of the French ship are being bitter rivals chasing each other around the world always trying to one-up the other - both certain that the other is trying to recruit supernatural entities to their cause and desperately trying to foil said plans, oblivious to the fact that they are both fighting a common foe! 

I need a name for this British ship. 

And the French one... 

I think they French captain will be Capitaine Leblanc...

4 comments:

  1. Nice work!

    For the British ship, The Black Swan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      HMS Black Swan.... I kind of like that... I will definitely consider it...

      Delete