Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Dungeons and Doggies - Saint Bernard

Years ago we back the first Dungeons and Doggies kickstarter... When the doggos finally did show up we split them up. The only one I was really interested in, however, was this massive Saint Bernard. I'm not sure if the kids ever painted theirs...? Both seem to have lost interest in painting miniatures, for the most part (though Keiran DID paint three axolotl warriors from the last Reaper Bones kickstarter we backed... they may be the ONLY ones that have been painted... unless I painted some of the terrain bits I got...?) 

I cut it off it's original base and stuck it to a GW 32mm base with some cobblestones I made with a roller from Green Stuff World. 

It's a lovely minaiture, but, honestly, I'm not sure when or where I'll even use it... MAYBE, if I ever played Frostgrave again, I could use it there...? Apothecary? Mule? I don't know... 

I can't even think of a name... 

4 comments:

  1. Great looking pack dog! Yeah Frostgrave? That makes the most sense, lovely miniature anyway!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It's been a long time since I've looked at Frostgrave.. but there was a new soldier in one of the books that might have been called a "Mule"..? Their special ability was just being able to carry stuff....? Which seemed like it might work.

      The other possibility I'm probably more seriously considering is Apothecary?

      He looks just too friendly and helpful to be a War Dog!

      Delete
  2. Surely his name would be Bernie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought maybe something like that...

      I's also been thinking Bartholemew...?

      Delete