Monday, March 25, 2024

Warhammer Underworlds - Skabbik's Plaguepack

 It turns out I was mistaken, all the new warbands aren't being released until NEXT Saturday... Apparently at some point last year Games Workshop moved to a two-week pre-order period, which I guess means it's been some time since I cared about picking something up when it was released!? Yay...? 

So, here I am still plugging away at warbands I've already bought.. If I managed to finish up one more 6 fighter warband this week, I'd be (briefly) in the black!? Will I do that!? Maybe... Maybe not... We shall see! 

For now... Here is Skabbik's Plaguepack!

Skabbik's Plaguepack

Skabbik Plagueseeker

Rabidius Skench

Itchitt

Poxlix

Ended up having to do a bit of a conversion with Poxlix. When I went to assemble them I realized the blade on their right had had broken off. Initially I through I'd just carve a knife blade out of some plastic and glue that on... but then decided that might be a bit flimsy and just break off and it might be better to just cut off the hand and glue on a hand holding a blade... the only remotely close to looking appropriate hand holding a blade I could find was from a Nurgle Putrid Blightking (I think...?)... and so I had to do a bit of carving down and Poxlix still ended up with an overly large gauntleted hand holding a much bigger blade... Ah, well... 

Rikkit

Skritter

These look really fun... in addition to satisfying my need for fart jokes, they might not actually suck!? I guess I'll have to wait and see for sure... 

Which will be next...? Hard to say... While I'm on a roll with Skaven, maybe I could finish up Skittershank’s Clawpack? Sons of Velmorn are so close... Part of me really wants to get Thundrik's Profiteers done... but there are so many bits and bobs and I just don't even know where to start with them!? 

At this point I have painted 37x28mm miniatures so far this year (which makes me giggle because CLERKS REFERENCE) and have purchase 43... Almost caught up! Will I catch up before all the new minis arrive this weekend!? 

4 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! The vibrant contrasting shades of green and purple bring out the pestilential nature of these guys.
    "Poxlix still ended up with an overly large gauntleted hand holding" - maybe it's mutation? (pretty minor one for skaven)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mutation - that is EXACTLY what I was thinking... I just forgot to mention it in the post!

      thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love the rich painting- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!

      I have to admit these were inspired by a warband I saw posted on Reddit's Warhammer Underworlds thingie (subreddit..? I don't know). I do like purple and often paint stuff with purple, but I have to admit I was planning on painting these in the standard drab colours, but then I saw someone else post their Skabbik's Plaguepack in Purple and I really liked how the contrasting green smoke and purple cloaks really "popped"! so I tried something similar myself and am very pleased with how it turned out!

      Delete