Thursday, March 14, 2024

Warhammer Underworlds - Blackpowder's Buccaneers

After languishing on my workbench for FAR TOO LONG in a very-nearly-finished state, I finally FORCED MYSELF to just finish them off! 

It's not my favourite paint job... but they're done. 

Blackpowder's Buccaneers

Now I guess I better read the cards and figure out how to play them!? I've looked the deck over a few times in the past but mostly felt the mechanism to get munitions for the BIG GUN seemed a little fiddly... We shall see if I can make it work... 


Gorlock Blackpowder - Ogor Pirate

I was super tempted to paint (or draw?) a bunch of tattoos on that big bald head... but then... didn't... I just wanted to be DONE! 


Mange and Shreek - Blackpowders companion animals

(Technically, Mange is Kagey and Peggz's companion!?) 


Kagey and Peggz - Blackpowder's Grot minion crew


That's one down! I noted that the recent acquisitions has brought me DANGEROUSLY close to no longer having more painted warbands than unpainted warbands... and that won't do! Not with Zondra's Gravebreakers and the Rivals of the Mirrored City set coming in just over a week! I need to finish up at least two more warbands in the next week to prevent this from happening! Luckily I have a few others that are very nearly finished! 

Stay tuned to see which those are! (Spoilera: It's the two Idoneth Deepkin Warbands; Elathain's Soulraid and Cyreni's Razors!)

Also, I've reorganized the Warhammer Underworlds Warbands Page. Now the Warbands are all listed in release order from Shadespire to Deathgorge! 

8 comments:

  1. Excellent! Good to see these guys off your workbench. And everybody loves a monkey with a knife. Well, from afar. They love them from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! Thanks...

      That monkey was a pain in the ass to paint... I don't know what it was but I repainted it three times and I'm STILL not totally happy with how it turned out... I hope it's as big of a pain in the ass to my opponents!

      Delete
  2. A monkey with a knife! That's a scary phrase! LOL

    Very nice work on an interesting crew!
    (coincidentally, I am currently working on finishing some pirate-y types)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I have a hard time taking pirates seriously... largely because of the scene in Scot Pilgrim vs the World where Mathew Patel shows up and they make fun of his costume and ask him if he's supposed to be a pirate and he shouts "PIRATES ARE IN THIS YEAR!?"

      I feel like every game, at some point, I'm going to have to bellow in a deep, ogor voice "PIRATES ARE IN THIS YEAR!?"

      Delete
  3. I think they have come up very nicety indeed, full of character.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they've come out really well and the bonus is they're done and you can knock out some more, sometimes it's good to have a tallyboard!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete