Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Work-in-Progress Wednesday - 27 March 2024

Last Work-in-Progress Wednesday for March 2024... and the last one for 2024-Q1! 

No new miniatures purchased in the last week - because I failed to realize that GW now does two week Pre-Orders!? 

In the past week, I managed to finish off Skabbik's Plaguepack and the Neurogaunt (Free Miniature of the Month for March 2024) - so keeping up with the plan of painting ONE Warhammer Underworlds warband each week! This brings my total painted 28mm miniatures so far this year to 38 (versus 43 purchased). Regardless of how much I paint in the next week, I will not be in the black at the end of the Quarter as this weekend I'll be picking up THIRTY MORE 28mm miniatures (Zondara's Gravebreakers and the Rivals of the Mirrored City), which will push my purchased total up to 73!

Having finished up Skabbik's that polished off most of the warbands I was REALLY EXCITED about getting done... So now I'm not sure what to do... Part of me would like to finish up at least ONE more warband before the new stuff arrives on the weekend, but I'm not sure which one...

Here's what's on the workbench at the moment:

Sons of Velmorn seem the most likely to be finished next... just have to do cloaks and tunics and shield and belts and I think they're done... and that's not a lot of their surface area... 

While I was working on Skabbik's Plaguepack, I did do a little bit on Skittershank's Clawpack... might be nice to push through and finish THESE up before there are MORE Skaven on the workbench!?

I... it... it seemed like a good idea at the time

Trust me, I have a plan... it's going to be BRILLIANT... or suck... it's a fine line! 

My stand-in Chaos Gargant... did the easy bits, stuck on making decisions about clothes elements.... 

I've done little work on Thundrik's Profiteers (and the two other Kharadron Overlord heroes from Warhammer Quest that have joined this group)... I REALLY WANT to get them done... but just keep getting hung up on where to start and what metal colours to use!? 

Usually in this situation, I default to HOW ARE THEY PAINTED ON THE GW WEBSITE... 

Anothe warbands that feels SO CLOSE to being done, I should just finish it up and get it OFF the workbench... and yet it lingers for another week... 

Gnarlspirit Pack. Not sure if I've done any work on these...? 

And there are SO MANY OTHERS that are still just there... on the workbemch... because I fear if I put them back in storage they'll be forgotten forever and I HAVE PLANS for all of them: The Squigherd, Crimson Court, Myari's Purifiers, Hexbane's Hunters, Gorechosen of Drom, Garrek's Reavers, assorted Warhammer Quest heroes and villains, and so much more... 

No comments:

Post a Comment