Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Work-in-Progress Wednesday - 10 April 2024

 No new miniatures purchased in the last week.. though I did go pick up the FREE Miniature of the Month from the Warhammer store, and I will be picking up Warhammer Underworlds: Wintermaw on Saturday!!

Here's what I'm working on... 

(sorry all the pics turned out terrible... but I had neither the time nor inclination to reshoot them all or spend too much more time tinkering with editing them... they're just work in progress shots... you get the idea. I'll take better pics when they're done...) 

I'd thought the first of the new warbands to be painted would be Zondara's, for sure! Instead I seem to be working mostly on Zarbag's Gitz. 

Along with them I'm working on the Squigherd (on squig is mysteriously absent from this photo!?)

Also doing a little work on the two rat warbands... though I'm not sure how much I've done with Skittershank's Clawpack since I last took a picture of them!? 

Definitely did all this rusty metal work on Spiteclaw's Swarm. I have a feeling both the Skaven warbands will be next after all the Goblins and Squigs! 

Zondara's Gravebreakers are assembled and primed and I did a bit of metal on them.. but otherwise they are just waiting. 

I have done a little bit of work on Domitan's Stormcoven...

And I finished off the Tartan on the Wielder of the Blade in the Headsman's Curse... I don't know... I was feeling bored and thought I'd try something different from teh standard BLACK shroud... but now I'm not so sure... maybe should have stuck with that... Definintely would have been MUCH QUICKER to knock them out!?

I may just paint over the whole mess... 

did a bit of work on Glaurio ven Alten III - one of the protagonists of the Warhammer Quest: Cursed City... I would like to finish these up this year and play through it! 

I also did some more work on the Boss-Man-Baddie of Warhammer Quest: Cursed City... Radukar the Wolf! What I really need to get done are all the Zombies - the minions that the protagonists are most likely to face in the early adventures... but this seems more fun at the moment! 

I did assemble and prime and paint the base of the Free Minaiture of the Month from the Warhammer Store - a Deathwing Knight! Will I ever paint the rest of it...? Maybe...?

Still loads of others crowding the workbench... I really DO need to shuffle some of these off into the ON DECK boxes on the shelves nearby... I think that will be my project for the week! Get some of these back into temporary storage. I know what I'm working on this week (goblins) and what I'm doing after that (Skaven) and what I'm doing after THAT (Zondara's). No need for ALL of these others to be here! 

I will probably leave Domitan's Stormcoven, as there are just little details needed to finish them off... If I happen to be working with one of the colours needed on one of them and there's a bit left over, I can do that... Maybe I'll keep Radukar and his guards and maybe a few heroes that I can work on independently while waiting for things to dry, etc... 

But the rest? Need to go elsewhere for now!!!

Also, I'll have two NEW warbands to assemble this weekend. Though they are of interest, they're not SO interesting that they're going to queue-jump ahead of goblins, Squigs, Skaven or Zondara's!! 

2 comments:

  1. Lots of work there. I would say don't paint over the tartan shroud: it is just so hilariously unexpected. Can you lean into it and add other scottish details to any of the others? Bonnets? Sporrans? Heather on the basing?
    Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill!

      All great ideas!

      (I can't guarantee I'll do any of them - because that will all add MORE time to complete these... and I just want to GET THINGS DONE right now! I probably will keep the tartan, and do tartan on all the others, though...)

      Delete