Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Warhammer Underworlds: Battles in Shadespire and the Beastgrave

Once again Orion and Nick joined us for a couple of games of Warhammer Underworlds on the first Sunday in April.

We started off with a game set in Shadespire (only using boards from Shadespire/Nightvault) 

I wanted to try out the freshly painted Sons of Velmorn with their own Rivals Deck and selected Katophrane's Reliquary board. Amanda wanted to keep playing Elathain's Soulraid, still just using their own Rivals Deck and took The Cursed Oubliette board). Nic was playing Grashrack's Despoilers with a Nemesis deck using Break Neck Slaughter on The Ruptured Seal. Orion was playing the Sepulchral Guard with a Nemesis deck using Rimlocked Relics on The Cursed Oubliette.

Starting things off, Nic charged in with Draknar, smashing Helmar the Hewer to bits... 

Draknar did not get to celebrate that victory long as Sir Jedran stepped up and cleaved the beast in twain! 

Um... and then everyone ran away from me and over to the Sepulchral Guards side of the battlefield!? 

Deepking and Beastmen and skeletons all mixing it up! 

More beastmans and skeletons... 

Um....? I only have three move over here!? Wait for me!!!

Grashrak Fellhoof charged the Sepulchral Warden... it did not go well for Mr. Fellhoof... 

I did have a card that brought Helmar the Hewer back... in my own territory... 

As the Sons of Velmorn moved up, it drew the attention of Elathain's Soulraid and Tammael charged Sir Jedran. 

Marchal Faulk moved up and despatched Tammael...

Elathain moved up and with a pair of nasty blows, took down Sir Jedran and with the stolen soul, revived his harpoon chucking thrall, Tammael! 

So, I killed Tammael, to release Sir Jedran's soul... 

Amanda had given Elathain, like five or six upgrades... reducing damage, reducing attack dice of foes... there was no way I was going to take them down... so I focused on scoring a few hold objectives... 

And tried to chase down Fuirann!? I hit and dealt 3 damage - which SHOULD have taken her out... but Amanda had given her an upgrade blessing her with +1 wounds... So one of Orions rotten little skeletons stepped in a finished her off! FIE!!!

Orion, once again, just trashed all of us, scoring 23 Glory Points!? I did... okay... scoring 15, Amanda wasn't too far behing me with 12, and Nic (who was tabled in the second round) only managed to score 9 Glory. 


For our second game we played in the Beastgrave

I decided to change things up and broke out Wurmspat with a Nemesis Deck using Break Neck Slaughter Nemesis Deck and chose the  Pool of Fangs board. Amanda continued with the Idonth Deepkin but switched to Cyreni's Razors, just using their own Rivals Deck on the Hive of Sacrifice. Nic tried out Sons of Velmorn with own Rivals Deck on Ravaged Hall. And Orion continued to use Sepulchral Guard with the Rimlocked Relics Nemesis Deck (on Abandoned Lair)

I took Wurmspat because I knew there was a fair chance I'd have to duck out a bit early to get to my book club. I thought I'd just suicide charge them at... whoever... thinking I'd try and score as many points as I could before dying, quickly... But the, after the first round, it looked more like Amanda's warband might get wiped out (by ME!?), so I suggested she could play my warband when I had to leave. 

First activation, Ghulough charging Cyreni! 

Amanda has sent Alathyrr across the table, deep into the Sepulchral Warden's territory, hoping to take out the warden and STOP them from raising over and over and over... 

But Renglaith stuck around to try and defend Cyreni - gave Gulough a good poke! Then Sepsimus also charged in... 

Fecula would also charge in and... I think I took out Cyreni... and then for my fourth activation I could have scored an easy point moving Fecula onto an objective... but decided to attack Renglaith again, hoping to finish him off before he got to finish off Gulough in the next round (and score the same amount of glory!?) ... and I missed...

So at the beginning of the second round Renglaith finished off Gulough... I had a new plan, though, based on the cards I drew. I had an upgrade card that I gave to Fecula, that allowed allowed her to move from any edge hex to any other edge hex. 

So, Sepsimus ran off and killed Cephanyr the squid... 

and then started trying to bonk the sons of Velmorn. 

Fecula charged to the nearest edge hex and flung a curse off at Renglaith, hoping to finish him off... and MISSED!?!? 

So I think The Prince stepped in a finished off Renglaith... (those fucking sepulchral Guard always stealing my kills!) 

BY the time I left only Fecula Flyblown was still alive... and one of Amanda's Thralls, Alathyrr - who was wounded... and standing next to two of the Sepulchral Guard - including the Warden... I thought for sure the Thrall was doomed and she'd just be playing Fecula... (albeit with a COMPLETELY unfamiliar deck!?) I gave her a few pointers about what I'd been planning and ran off to my book club! 

Later Amanda reported to me that both her Thrall AND Fecula survived to the end... but, again, Orion scored 23 Glory... Nic scored 10, Amanda scored 9 and the Wurmspat scored only 7... 

I'm sure Wurmspat had 6 or 7 when I left!? So I'm guessing Amanda didn't really DO much with Fecula and just concentrated to doing stuff with Alathyrr...? Ah, well...   

I had been pretty stoked about trying to knock out Zondara's Gravebreakers, but I think Zarbag's Gitz might be the next warband I finish up!? (along with the Squigherd I'd picked up earlier this year...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment