Sunday, April 12, 2009

Warriors of Rohan

I haven’t gotten much painting done this week due to playing games and running the campaign play-test… I did get some work done on some warriors of Rohan Friday night and finished them up yesterday.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Still more Lord of the Rings plastic figures from Games Workshop.

I got twelve these off of ebay (along with a bunch of other stuff), six archer and these six. If I were the patient (I am sometimes) and sensible (not so much) sort… I probably should have held off on these until I had some more. That way I could have had spearmen on one base and swordsmen on another and then it would have been very clear what to call them (Spear and Blade)… now I’m not sure what exactly to classify this stand as… maybe when I get more I’ll just have to peel these off their base…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Well it won’t be undead! Probably the Rohan Archers, followed by Norman Crosbow, and then some Knights, some Dwarves… other stuff… but likely before you see any of that – the conclusion of the campaign play-test!

4 comments:

  1. I like the blonde fellow's beard; I'm using that approach to an 15mm Irish DBA army I'm painting right now and it gives a better effect than "block and wash" which is what I've done in the past.

    Bob in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the shield designs look like cut pieces of sheet metal. These are fantasy models, of course, but there is ample evidence for the Celts, Romans, and Saxons decorating their shields in this way. I like fantasy models to look like they could be historic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yeah, me too (liking "fantasy" that looks "historical")! I've been really enjoying painting these GW/LOTR figures - They've got much better proportions than so many other fantasy figures available today and I've been painting them with a bit grittier look - to match the look of the movie and I am really liking the results so far. They look... I don't know... believable...?!

    Got some Warg riders coming up next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the LotR Wargs are some of the nicest figures I've ever painted; very nice stuff to paint with such great raised detail for drybrushing.

    Bob in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete