Monday, June 17, 2024

Age of Sigmar - Gryph-Hounds

In addition to the last of the Kairic Acolytes, I finished up three Gryph-Hounds - the bestest hounds in all the mortal realms - over the weekend!

Three Gryph-Hounds

They almost look like they could be a family!? 

I know they're called "hounds" but the bodies look more feline to me - as Gryphons usually are - hence the pseudo-big-cat markings! 

Two of these are from Warhammer Quest games - the smaller one from Silver Tower, and the one with leopard spots from Shadows over Hammerhal. The other is from a bonus copy of Storm of Celestus Warhammer Underworlds warband that I have. The rest of the warband remain unpainted... I just figured since I was doing these other two gryph-hounds, I might as well do the one from Storm of Celestus while I was at it... 

4 comments:

  1. Aw, who's a good gryph-hound?
    Well-painted! Very colorful!

    squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! Thanks!

      Gryph-hounds are one of my favourite things about Age of Sigmar - fantastical creatures with bird elements that can be wildly different colours... but also kind of treated and trained like dogs... It's too bad that Stormcast Eternals are the only faction that really makes use of them... becuase I just don't care about Stormcast Eternals. I mean, I GET why they're popular... just not for me...

      You can get a box of six of them in a variety of poses... and I'm often tempted to get them to just go crazy with colours and have a pack of them for... whatever... have them show up in a Soulbound game, I guess... or.. use them in Dragon Rampant...?

      These weren't THAT big of a distraction from anything. Two of them ARE for Warhammer Quest, which IS one of my main foci for this year; Warhammer Underworlds Warbands, Stuff for Warhammer Quest so we can play those, and other Age of Sigmar things for... well... Age of Sigmar or Soulbound!

      Delete
  2. Great miniatures and great paint job.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete