Sunday, June 30, 2024

June Games

 Oof! June was a BUSY month!!!

Sunday, 2 June 2024

The first Sunday in June Nic and Orion were back for some Warhammer Underworlds! We'd missed a few weeks, so it felt like it had been quite a while! 

Nic brought out Cyreni's Razors, Amanda decided to try Khagara's Ravagers, Orion tried out Grinkrak's Looncourt and I played with Zondara's Gravebreakers. 

Orion and I were playing with the warband's Rivals Deck, Nick had a Nemesis deck build with Rimewyrm's Bite, and Amanda had a Relic deck I'd made up ages ago and was still in Khagara's deck box. 

Despite playing with a Rivals deck and never having played them before, Orion defeated us all, scoring 18 Glory!? Amanda had spent nearly HALF of all her activations trying to kill Pointy Burke... and missed... Every... Single... Time...!? 


Friday, 7 June 2024

Despite the CrAzY wind the following Friday, I rode all the way out to the Warhammer Store to play some MORE Warhammer Underworlds. Sean and Nic and Orion were there and I suggested a four-player game. Sean, who'd never played a four-player game, quickly looked up the rules and we discovered WE'VE BEEN PLAYING MULTI-PLAYER GAMES WRONG!? With a four-player game you play only TWO rounds (instead of three)!? 

We ignored this and just kept on playing the way we have - a full game of three rounds and four activations per round.

Apparently in a three-player game you play three rounds, but with less activations..?!

I'm guessing these rules are to make the game go quicker...? 

Sean played Mollog's Mob with Hungering Parasite. Orion played the Sepulchral Guard with Rime-Locked Rellics. Nic played Cyreni's Razors with Rimewyrm's Bite and I played Grinkrak's Looncourt with just their Rivals deck... I did... poorly. 

Sean ended the game with 21 Glory, Nic had 19, Orion has 18 and me... I was trailing waaaaaay behind with 11 Glory... yikes... 


Saturday, 8 June 2024

Saturday Finnegan cancelled his D&D game and he and Keiran went out to see a series of short plays - one of which one of the D&D players was in! 

So Amanda and I set up a game of Warhammer Underworlds. Because we were both thinking of participating in the event at the end of the month we figured we should pick a warband and get some practice at it... One of the ones I was considering was Zondara's Gravebreakers. It'd fairly consistently scored 12-13 points and either won or was very close in most games I'd played. Amanda wanted to try some new things and settled on Da Kunnin Krew?! 

(if you can't read the text on her toque, it says "I will meditate and then I will DESTROY YOU!")

I'm not sure when she snuck in the meditation, but destroy me she did!? 

Despite never having even looked at the cards, or even remembering playing against them... (she has played against them, twice, I think...) she managed to get 11 Glory in the end... and I scored six... Just about everything that could go wrong for me did... Every single time I had any sort of plan, it just came apart... Uggghhhh...

So Amanda was thinking Da Kunnin Krew was a contender and would have to play it again... 

There is a brief report and a few more pictures, here: 

Warhammer Underworlds - Da Kunnin Krew versus Zondara's Gravebreakers


Sunday, 9 June 2024

Sunday, Orion and Nic stopped by to try out the Chaos Gargant scenario (with my then newly painted Stand-In Chaos Gargant

It's a completely different 

Warhammer Underworlds - The Chaos Gargant Hunt!


Tuesday, 11 June 2024

Amanda's friend Kin was travelling through on her way from Yellowknife to her summer home in Cape Breton. We played Wingspan. Amanda won


Friday, 14 June 2024

Friday I rode out to the Warhammer Store and played some Warhammer Underworlds with John, the manager. 

I loaned him my Zondara's Gravebreakers to try out and I played Skabbik's Plaguepack. When I drew my first hand I realized I was playing with a Nemesis deck I'd quickly put together a few weeks back, but then never used!? 

It did pretty okay... Mind you I was playing with a Nemesis deck against someone using a Rivals deck... that they had never even looked at, nevermind PLAYED... so.. not sure if it's actually working out... 


Thursday, 20 June 2024

Thursday evening Amanda and I again tried playing in Rivals Format - trying out nore warbands and Rivals decks for upcoming tournament.

I tried the recently painted Thundrik's Profiteers with Rimelocked Relics Rivals deck, Amanda was playing Zondara's Gravebreakers. 

Amanda crit-defending FOUR TIMES - once with a DOUBLE CRIT when I rolled a crit and a success!?

She rolled a second double crit on an attack roll... which I defended with a double-crit?! It was nuuuuuuuts....

Despite all that, I won 18-11!?!?

I was thinking Thundrik and Rimelocked Relics might be a contender for the tournament... Amanda and Zondara... not-so-much!

You can read the brief report and see more pictures here:

Warhammer Underworlds - Zondara Versus Thundrik


Sunday, 23 June 2024

Orion and Nic weren't available this week, so Amanda worked all day... 

But in the evening we played another quick game to try out options for the Warhammer Underworlds event just ONE WEEK AWAY!!

I brought out Wurmspat again, but tried playing them with Rimewyrm's Bite - which everyone was telling me was a great deck for them to play with! Amanda wanted to try Da Kunnin Krew again. 

The final score was only 9-5 and I think both of us were feeling pretty underwhelmed by these warbands... 

You can read a bit more about it, and see some pictures of the action, here:

Warhammer Underworlds - Da Kunnin Krew versus Wurmspat


Tuesday, 25 June 2024

Ideally I would have liked to play EVERY day this week... but Monday was Kierans High School Graduation... so... 

Tuesday we were back at it, and Amanda was thinking she needed to return to her roots in this game with Morgwaeth's Blade-Coven... but paired with a different Rivals deck! Tuesday she tried out Paths of Prophecy. She was SOMEWHAT familiar with this deck, as we'd built her a Nemesis deck with it... but never used the complete deck in Rivals Format. 

I played Skabbik's Plaguepack wth their faction rivals deck... 

You can read (and see) about how it all went down here:

Warhammer Underworlds - Morgwaeth's Blade-Coven versus Skabbik's Plague Pack


Wednesday, 26 June 2024

Wednesday Amanda was back with Morgwaeth, but trying out a different Rivals Deck: Rime-Locked Relics. She really struggled with this one... largely because she had not even LOOKED at the cards before trying to PLAY with them... despite doing poorly and being quitre frustrated... she did feel like there was something there and it may be a contender... 

I played The Dread Pageant with their faction rivals deck... and probably played my best game EVER with the Dread Pageant!? Probably worked out because Amanda rolled crits for (marginally) less than half of her defence rolls! 

You can read all about it here: 

Warhammer Underworlds - Morgwaeth's Blade-Coven versus The Dread Pageant


Thursday, 27 June 2024

Thursday Night we got in TWO games!

The first game Amanda played Morgwaeth's Blade-Coven and I played Grinkrak's Looncourt. 

In the second game Amanda decided to try out the Storm of Celestus and I played Thundrik's Profiteers! 

More about these games here:

Warhammer Underworlds: Two Games on Thursday Night!


Friday, 28 June 2024

If two games on Thursday weren't enough, I played FOUR on Friday!?

First, I rode out to the Warhammer Store for Skirmish Fridays... 

Sean was there with Ironsoul's Condemnors. So I tried Skabbik's Plague Pack against them... The game was very close. 

Next I dug out the Looncourt to fight the Stormcast. This was less close, but not an overwhelming defeat.... 

Later When I got home I convinced Amanda to give Ironsoul's Condemnors a try... 

First against Skabbik's Plaguepack... which she lost... but not by as much as the last few games! 

Then against Thundrik's Profiteers which she soundly defeated!? 

I'll probably post a game report of this in the next few days... 


Saturday, 29 June 2024

Saturday evening while Finnegan was running his D&D game in the game room, Amada and I tried a few more games of Warhammer Underworlds on the dining room table. 

Again she tried Ironsoul's condemnors against Thundrik's Profiteers... and they were just crushed... the Profiteers, that is... like, so badly, I was wondering why I ever even thought it would be funny to show up with them!?

She wanted to try out the Dread Pageant and I decided to try Skabbik's Plaguepack against them. It went very poorly, very fast for the Dread Pageant. 

In my first two activations I killed Hadzu and Slakeslash (the warbands big-monster-beat-stick!) and suggested we could just re-set... 

Learning from her mistakes... Amanda just CRUSHED the Plaguepack in the next game... Oooof! 

I'll probably post a game report of this as well, in the next few days... 


Sunday, 30 June 2024

The BIG DAY!!

I ended up taking Skabbik's Plaguepack and Amanda took The Dread Pageant!?

We ended up arriving a bit late, but everyone waited for us!?

When I was last looking at who was saying they would go or were interested - between the local Warhammer Underworlds discord and facebook group, I though we might end up with eight or nine. In the end there were seven, not including John, who opted out of playing and just ran the event (and the store). 

With seven, that meant someone got a bye each round.

In the first round I played against Sean and this time he had Hedkrakka's Madmob!?

He just could not keep rolling crits and I could not roll ANY crits and the Plaguepack was throughally defeated 20-4?!

Also in the First Round Nic played against Dray, and Orion played against Jared. 

Nic and Dray's game went a little longer than the others so we all watched the end of it. 

In Round Two I got the bye... so I hung out for an hour and watched the other games. 

Orion was playing Dray and Nic played Jared. 

Amanda got to play against Sean. 

Originally, I thought we'd planned for a four-round event, but just as pairings were being announced for Round Three, I discovered this was the final round?! 

In that final round I played against Orion and her freshly painted Headsman's Curse. 

Amanda played against Jared for the Championship... because the Bye at the beginning counted as a "win"...? I guess...? 

Jared won that game and with it the event. 

I'll will definitely post a game report of this event in the next week.... 


That's... a LOT of games!!! 

That's TWENTY games of Warhammer Underworlds... and ONE game of Wingspan!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment