Monday, July 22, 2024

Age of Sigmar - Morathi, Gravelords, and Dice!?

No, I didn't pick up the Morathi model for my diminutive Daughters of Khaine force... (that would be SILLY!)

I just got the Broken Realms book...

I was interested in this because it covers Morathi's ascension to godhood and the overthrow of Anvilgard by the Daughters of Khaine (theoretically an ally of the Sigmarites that controlled the city!). I do have a small Daughters of Khaine force (still to paint!) and the whole Shadows in the Mist campaign for the Soulbound role-playing game takes place in Anvilgard, and I have adventures that take place both before and after the coup.... so I thought this would provide a bit more background of exactly what went down 

I've been meaning to pick this up for a while, but I wasn't in a rush, so I thought I'd wait as I thought these campaign books eventually went in the bargain bin after a year or so because... who would want them after that narrative campaign was over. I've seen some of the previous edition 40K ones going for $5...

This was not the case with Morathi. The one at my FLGS actually got bought by someone before it made it to the bargain bin... and instead of the prices dropping on them online, the prices seemed to be going UP (because "out of print" and "hard to find"...?) So I've been looking for a reasonably priced one for a while and found one at store in BC (British Columbia, a province of Canada, on the West Coast). 

They were selling it for $10 off the original suggested retail and had free shipping... over $100... so I went looking to see what else they might have... 

And they had the Soulblight Gravelords Vanguard box, which, by this point, I was pretty sure I was going to pick up sometime this summer... and I was pretty close to finishing up the Hedonites... AND they were selling it for $25 off suggested retail... AND that would definitely get me free shipping... so... 

I'm not even going to OPEN this box until I FINISH THE BLISSBARB ARCHERS!?!

and then I found these... I don't think they were even on sale... It is the height of ridiculousness to pick up MORE Warhammer Underworlds dice when I already have SO MANY... but they are the Wurmspat dice... and I do love Wurmspat... and, more importantly, they're EASY TO READ and I like the colours... so... 

No comments:

Post a Comment