Sunday, July 14, 2024

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Skaventide

 Welp, it's here... 

It was a VERY HEAVY box...

With a LOT of STUFF in it!?

(I was so very close to being "in the black" again...)

Unfortunately, after carefully taking all the sprues out, I STILL found four little broken bits in the bottom of the box... one is definitely a spike from armour or a small skaven knife...? One of the others looks like a bit from a scabbard or belt...? It's getting a little annoying that this is becoming a pretty common feature of opening up a box of Citadel Miniatures! 

Not going to lie... I'm kind of tempted to build THESE models and try to knock out the Stormcast Spearhead force quickly... Or maybe the Skaven...?

I need to focus and just FINISH THE HEDONITES!!!

I've been FULLY DISTRACTED this last week with the release of all the PDFs of the rules and battle profiles and Faction packs and just trying to figure out how I can fit stuff I have into what armies and what, if anything, I might need to get to finish up a force that I have... 

It's kind of ridiculous... 

Most of my theory-builds have been all 2000 point armies as that's kind of the "standard"... but I have ZERO INTEREST in actually PLAYING 2000 point games (right now, at least... never say never...). But writing out army lists just tickles that specific part of my brain that says "YEAH! LET'S DO THIS!?" and then feeds me ALL THE DOPAMINE?! 

I am super stoked about Spearhead. 

I am pretty excited about getting together a 1000 point force to play a Paths to Glory narrative campaign. 

NO interest in 2000 point matched play... 

But that's all my brain wants to build theoretical armies for!? 

There are whole new rules for army building in this edition. It isn't really just pick what you want up to a certain point value (and maybe include three "battleline" troops and at least one hero...) Now everything has to be organized into Regiments... A Regiment is made up of a Hero and up to three non-Hero units (or four, if it's the generals). Each Hero has a list of what units or types of units it can include in regiments... so they can't just be put into any old regiment willy-nilly... which has made some... challenges for some of the armies I have for Age of Sigmar!

The Spearhead league at the local Warhammer Store starts a week from tomorrow, so I best get painting! 

HEDONITES!!! 

PAINTING HEDONITES, not Skaven or Stormcast! 


2 comments: