Saturday, July 27, 2024

I Swear to Sigmar, I Went There For PAINT!?

 Seriously, I went down to my local FLGS (Dragon's Den Games) for some paint and Green Stuff and a box of SKULLS for painting and basing the  BLADES OF KHORNE army I recently acquired in a trade...!?  

After I'd bought the things I went there to get, I noticed a BUNCH of Age of Sigmar boxes (Starter Boxes, Battle Boxes, ARMY BOXES) from 3rd edition on the discount shelf at 40% off!? As the miniatures in those boxes are already 40-70% off...

I took pictures of a few. Texted Amanda. But then rode home. 

When I got home, I looked up the contents of each box, had a chat with Amanda... and then rode ALL THE WAY BACK to the Dragon's Den and picked up TWO of the boxes!? 

Age of Sigmar (3rd Edition) Extremis Starter Set and Arena of Shades Battle Box. 

Age of Sigmar (3rd Edition) Extremis Starter Set I bought mostly for the terrain. The box basically contains the stuff from Age of Sigmar: Extremis Edition Realmscape Expansion Set... Which I'd been planning on getting at some point... The only difference is that instead of one of the Guardian Idol statues, the Starter has a domed structure (Nexus Syphon?), that I think was available separately for about $70 at one point...? Except with the discount I paid LESS than the Realmscape terrain set on it's own... but the box also included the Nexus Syphon ($70) another 32 miniatures worth about $350 if all purchased separately... so... 

The miniatures included are Orruks and Stormcast... I may or may not try to sell or trade them off for other stuff... I HAVE a Stormcast force for Age of Sigmar... you can never have too many Orruks for bad guys in RPGs...

The other box, Arena of Shades, I bought because it included the two units I needed to complete a Daughters of Khaine Spearhead force (Witch Aelves and Doomfire Warlocks)... for about the same price as buying those two units on their own... but it also included an additional Hero and Unit (High Gladiatrix and Khinari Heartrenders) AND a whole force of Nighthaunts!? 

Aye-yi-yi.... 

Amanda is encouraging me to try and sell or trade off the Nighthaunts... but they're SO EASY to paint... I'd kind of rather KEEP those and get rid of some OTHER THINGS... that are taking up space that I'm NEVER going to get around to!?

 (anyone interested in some 28mm Crimean War...? Napoleonics?!) 

4 comments:

  1. Ha!
    Sounds like you got some great deals for things you had already hoped to buy at some point, and got extra stuff in the bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! Yeah...

      I was doing better earlier this year, and most of last year.. I'm actually running out of space to store stuff and have been needing to get RID of stuff. Not only because of the space, there is just not enough time to paint all of the things I own...

      Delete
  2. Congrats on scooping those up so inexpensively! My mantras is "You're losing money not buying it" whenever I see anything on sale. I mean, it's not technically true, but it seems like a sound justification in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! Thanks!

      What was is Stompin' Tom Connors said...?

      "Another sale on something, we'll buy it while it's hot
      Save a lot of money spending money we don't got"

      Delete