Thursday, September 26, 2024

En Garde! - The Blue Crew

 Back to rhyming and not alliterating.. I couldn't call them the Blue Bunch, as I already called another group the Brown Bunch...

This is the last of the miniatures I'd bought to use with En Garde! The Swashbuckling Skirmish Wargames Rules from Osprey Games which I bought EIGHT YEARS AGO when it first came out (both the game and these miniatures...) 

I did not design the gangs based on points or anything... just put them into groups that I thought looked good and went with that!? 

This last bunch, I'd only ever finished two of them, and these other six were just finished up last night! 

The Whole Blue Crew. 

(I really need better names for the gangs...)

Unlike the last few, I didn't bother to try and cost them out with point values and try to cram them all into 100 points for a basic starting warband... Honestly, as I've been finishing them up, I've been thinking of using them with OTHER rules!? Mostly Flashing Steel... but also maybe Devilry Afoot...? 

I did name them all, though... 

François Boullogne - the leader of this band 

Claude Blanche

Marc Rigaud

Jean Lorrain

Pierre Boucher

Edgar Mignard

Henri Le Brun

Édourad Grandon

And... that's all of them... 

Will I get to PLAYING En Garde!? I have no idea. I do have some other games I do want to try out that may or may not involve some of these swashbucklers... 

2 comments:

  1. Another cool gang. Blue's crews... or maybe the Blues Brothers (Blues Brethren?)? ha ha On a "mission from god".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I hadn't thought of the Blues Brothers/Bethern! That's good!

      I had thought about The Blue Man Group... but I don't really know anything about them - just heard the name somewhere, so didn't want to use that...

      Delete