Friday, October 25, 2024

Age of Sigmar - Crypt Hunters

I recently ordered a copy of Crypt Hunters, and it arrived today. This is a little stand-alone game from Games Workshop using existing miniatures from Warhammer Underworlds and Age of Sigmar. Board Game Geek lists it as a reimplementation of Lost Patrol

It's... a long and convoluted story... 

Crypt Hunters

In the TV show Supernatural there are some reoccurring characters that have a webseires called Ghostfacers and whenever I read the word Crypt Hunters I hear the theme music from Ghostfacers... but with "Crypt Hunters" instead of "ghostfacers"... 

This is something new for Games Workshop - or, new to me, at least - a storage tray included in the box... 

There is even spaces for the miniatures... though I doubt I'm ever going to store them in here... I guess the Casatigators could, as I already have two other sets!? The Chainrasps, though... they're just going to be stored with the rest of my Nighthaunt forces as they are a complete unit of Chainrasps!?

This is the THIRD copy of the Storm of Celestus warband for Warhammer Underworlds that I now have. The first I bought when it was sold as a separate Easy-to-Build set of Castigators. I ended up with a second when I bought the first Two-Player Starter set for Warhammer Underworlds (which included reprints of Shadespire/Nightvault boards, the Storm of Celestus and Drepur's Wraithcreepers - another Easy-to-Build set repurposed as a Warhammer Underworlds warband). Not sure if I should do these are Hammers of Sigmar, Anvils of Heldenhammer, or some other Stormhost? 

I'd really, REALLY hoped to be DONE the Marines and Genestealers from Lost Patrol before this arrived lest I get completely distracted by THIS game and Lost Patrol fall by the wayside before I ever get around to playing it... 

Alas... SO CLOSE!!

I was distracted this week and didn't quite get them done... partly by that Chaos Lord in the background of that picture above... 

... and partly by the sudden need to reorganize ancient Greeks... AGAIN, for some reason!?

I'll probably assemble the Chainrasps, but will try and push through the Genestealers and Marines... 

No comments:

Post a Comment