Thursday, October 10, 2024

Starblood Stalkers and Sonic Weapons

I ordered a few things on Warhammer.com this past weekend... It started with ordering the Warhammer Day Commemorative Miniature (there's a whole discussion about that one the Warhammer Day post!) and I'd JUST ordered that because, now that there's a Warhammer Store in town, I can just have it shipped there and go pick it up, instead of needing to order $100 worth of stuff to get free shipping (or pay $20 shipping!?) 

[apparently it's now only $80 for free home delivery shipping... I'm sure last time it was $100 - or more!?]

It's a nice ride out to the Warhammer Store - expecially in the fall... 

I ended up placing TWO OTHER orders later on the weekend... 

Starblood Stalkers and Sonic Weapons

The Starblook Stalkers - the only Seraphon warband is one of... nine...? Warbands that I didn't have and the only one I was really sad about not getting when I had the chance... There was a copy at Dragon's Den Games for years, and I guess I just expected it would sit there FOREVER... but one day I went in and it was gone and I've been kicking myself ever since. 

A LOT of the Warhammer Underworlds warbands were re-released without the cards - for use in Warcry or Age of Sigmar... but without the cards, there was no point in getting them. (I know, some crafty people will download images of thecards and print them off and put them in sleeves... but I'm not one of them!). But since the NEW EDITION isn't going to NEED those old faction decks, I decided to snap up a team - before everyone else realized this and they went out of stock again!?

Also.. with the teasing that there would finally be an Emperors Children Codex next uear.. I decided to get a pack of Sonic Weapon upgrade sprues... I have one squad that I kitted out with some third party sonic cannons... but I don't love the look of them, they are SO MUCH CHONKIER than the Games Workshop ones (which is not something someone gets to say all that often!)... So I thought I'd best grab one of those sets before THEY disappear from the website - as I'm sure with the Emperor's Children Codex release there will be a brand new plastic Noise Marine kit and these will be going out of production! 

I guess I could have waited and just bought one of the new kits and just retired the guys with the chonky sonic weapons... buuuuut... I don't know... 

1 comment:

  1. That does look like a very nice fall ride.
    Enjoy the new minis! :)

    ReplyDelete