Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Age of Sigmar - Lumineth Vanari Warriors

Again, as with the Black Ark Reavers, these aren't actually Lumineth miniatures... They're old Citadel Warhammer Fantasy miniatures... but the Lumineth are the kind of the inheritors of the snooty, aloof High Elf tradition in Age of Sigmar... (and I don't want to go out and spend $70CAD just to have a character or two for Soulbound when I already have THESE and they're just FINE!) 

The two with Great Swords I may have had for over 30 years... the Lothern Sea Guard minitures (with spear and shield and BOW - hidden behind them!) I've probably have for... 20 or more...). The Great Swords were painted and have been stripped to be repainted. The Sea Guard... I picked up when used (but unpainted?!) Warhammer Fantasy miniatures were cheap as one edition was winding down and I was buying stuff I planned to use for Hordes of the Things... 

The Vanari are citizen warriors of the Lumineth Realmlords. Highly trained warriors... but also have other lives and wait until called up to defend the realms. In Soulbound: Champions of Order they became playable Archetypes... So I thought I'd painted these up to use... 

Four old Warhammer Fantasy High Elves, being repurposed as Lumineth Realmlords in Age of Sigmar.

I was also kine of testing some different painting schemes here....

These ones with traditional metal equipment are how I was planning to paint all the High Elves I have kicking around (I have another dozen Sea Guard which would be used in Dragon Rampant... or.. really... ANY fantasy game...). 

But then I thought about trying to paint them like the Lumineth in Age of Sigmar - which are generally depicted in white armour... and... I kind of LIKE this look... I may end up painting the rest to look like this... should I EVER get around to painting them!?

The whole deal with Sea Guard was that they are armed with spear and shield AND bow.... and were kind of THE ELITE foot troops of the old Warhammer Fantasy High Elves... (I think...) 

I though this would make a really fun reason for why at least ONE of the Lumineth was in a Binding with Darkling Coven Reavers and Humans and Duardin in Soulbound - Vanari generally focus on ONE THING - Vanari Bladelords wield Sunmetal Greatblades, Vanari Auralan Wardens are armed with Warden's pikes and shields, Vanari Auralan Sentinels have their triple-stringed arcbows, Vanari Dawnrider ride into war on a horse... This character couldn't pick one and trained in bow and pike, but never really fit into either unit... so... didn't really fit into the whole Lumineth military system and thus was offered up to become a Soulbound. 

Not sure why the Bladelord is going to be there just yet... maybe they were siblings... or lovers... or just besties...? 

2 comments:

  1. The white armor does look good. Of course, so does the darker armor.
    I remember these old GW high elves. I never got into them myself for whatever reason. I was more partial to wood elves, and still have a good number of them.

    ReplyDelete