Saturday, August 3, 2024

RPG-a-Day 2024 - Day 3 Most Often Played RPG

Like THIS YEAR...? or of ALL TIME… !? I guess that’s up for us to interpret… 

I haven't done much role-playing this year. As mentioned yesterday we've started playing Warhammer Quest: Shadows Over Hammerhal. 

Earlier in the year I played a bit of Five Parsecs from Home. 

Neither are truly RPGs

Of ALL TIME...?! 

I don’t know… I played a LOT when I was a teen in the 80s. Like in high school we played daily at noon hours and/or after school . Before High School I played a LOT of D&D and Top Secret and Star Frontiers… By High School I was playing a lot of Twilight: 2000 and Revised Recon and the Palladium system (TMNT, Robotech, the Superhero one… Heroes Unlimited? and Palladium Fantasy) and Cyberpunk….  and later Role-Master and Space Master, Call of Cthulhu and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play and SO MANY other games.. we jumped around a LOT though, so I don’t know which one we’d played the MOST of or if it ended up being MORE than any of the ones I played later… 

There was a period I played a LOT Of GURPS… Like, noting but GURPS… 

But I’m pretty sure it was a MUCH LONGER PERIOD that I played exclusively Savage Worlds… 

I would have to guess that’s the SYSTEM that I’ve played the most, but in a bewildering amount of different campaigns and settings… 

1 comment:

  1. For me, I don't think I could pin it down (maybe Tunnels & Trolls decades ago - with their solo dungeons). I haven't played any particular RPG enough to have the rules down pat or anything. When I played more regularly with other gamers we had one friend who liked to act as DM/GM, and often wanted to try different systems. So we usually only did one adventure before moving onto his next RPG of choice.

    ReplyDelete