Thursday, August 1, 2024

RPG-a-Day 2024 - Day 1 First RPG Bought This Year!

Well, it's August again and that means it's time for RPG-a-Day! 

Every day this month I will be trying to post an answer to each of the questions/prompts below:

#1 - First RPG bought this year! 

I am fairly certain that I have not bought any completely new systems this year. 

I think the only RPG product I’ve bought (and thus, the first) is Ulfenkarn - a guide/setting book for Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulboud… or… Maybe… I also picked up Champions of Order and Champions of Death (for the same system)… which might have been this year… or might have been last year… It’s all a blur, really!?

I would LOVE to get a game of Warhammer, Age of Sigmar: Soulbound going at some point this year. Earlier I was super focused on painting stuff for and playing Warhammer Underworlds. This past month things started to shift towards getting stuff painted for three different Warhammer Quest games (which is kind of like an RPG - game feels very similar to D&D games I played in the 80s!) and then things shifted again with the release of the new edition of Age of Sigmar (like, the fantasy battle game!) 

At least the setting has stayed consistent!!! 

I’m currently playing through Warhammer Quest: Shadows over Hammerhead and I’m trying to finish up the miniatures for The Silver Tower and Cursed City so we can play those later in the year and I’m hoping by the time those have all been played through I’ll be able to morph that into playing the role-playing game. 

Which brings me back to Ulfenkarn, certainly my most recent RPG purchase (and possibly the ONLY one I’ve purchased this year?). The city of Ulfenkarn is the SAME CITY that Warhammer Quest: Cursed City takes place in!? 

(Also working on a LOT of other Soulblight Gravelords miniatures for Age of Sigmar - Spearhead/Vanguard Box and Fangs of the Blood Queen - which could all be used as hostiles in a campaign set in Ulfenkarn - or anywhere there happens to be Soulblight Gravelords...) 

What was the first RPG (or RPG-related product) you bought this year?!

2 comments:

  1. I don't recall for sure. Most likely something from itch.io or drivethruRPG. Maybe even a bundle of stuff. And most likely promptly filed away somewhere on my computer. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... I didn't even think of PDFs... It's entirely possible I bought something through Drive-Thru RPG earlier in the year, too...

      Ah well.. No one's grading the answers, it's all just meant to get people thinking and discussing Role-Playing Games!

      Delete